Friday, November 7, 2008

Remembrance from the Past

This poem was written nearly ten years ago and is actually the very first poem I have ever written (this was the time when I was still a hopeless romantic teen. LOL) for the purpose of "officially" putting an end to whatever that's been bugging my mind and to finally say goodbye to someone who used to be a special friend. Sadly, I didn't have the time and the courage to give it to that person.
This is also the first time that I am letting other people actually read it, so, here it goes:

Here I am
Trying to be poetic as I can
Writing things I never thought I can

Remembering the things we've shared and done
I realized that there are still so many words and deeds
Left unsaid and undone

Learning to let you go
Was the hardest thing for me to do
For you are one of the best persons I've known

You taught me things that can never be found in books
Opened my eyes into life's realities
And helped me how to conquer life's difficulties

With you I found true happiness
Friendship that was pure and true
And left me with memories that will be forever cherished

But now I must face the truth
That you're gone and on your separate way
And I must go on with my life's journey

This simple poem may not fully explain
Everything that I want to tell
But this I offer you

To let you know how much you meant to me
And thank you for touching my life
Making me the person I am right now

This I promise and assure you
That you'll always be a part of me and to forget you
Is the last thing that I would do

Lastly, I want to say goodbye
Hoping that you'll never forget me
For your memories will always be with me.


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com | distributed by free xml blogger templates